6.09.2008

07.07.07

So sorry it's been so long since the last post...life just doesn't slow down when you want it to! It's about time I bring you up to the wedding day. (Especially since our 1 year anniversary is coming up so soon!)

After dating for over 6 years, I was lucky enough to get to marry my one true love and best friend. Jeff and I were married on the most popular wedding day in 2007. Some did it for luck, some did it for superstition, but I chose that particular date for the ease of use in design aesthetics. I know, I know...but that's just the designer in me...and Jeff wasn't opposed to it. Black, white, and champagne were our colors, Calla Lilies were the flowers, and the wedding and reception had more of a modern look/feel overall. We were married at Jeff's grandma's (Deeda's) church on the Country Club Plaza in Kansas City, Missouri. Community Christian Church is well known in the design community as a Frank Lloyd Wright structure. It's not the typical church with stained glass windows. It's a large, irregularly-shaped white building across the street from the horse fountain in the heart of the plaza. Jeff and I spent many a plaza lightings and Easter Sundays there, so it seemed fitting to reserve that special place for our ceremony. Our home church just wasn't the type for weddings. Our reception took place at a historic barn in Lenexa.


We took our wedding party pictures at the Bloch Building/Nelson Art Gallery. It was super hot that day, but the wedding party did us proud and we ended up with some really good pictures.

The wedding party. Don't we all clean up nice?

Some of just us girls:



And some of just the guys:

Here's the last photo I'll put up for this post. More from the ceremony and reception to come soon. I PROMISE!!! All wedding images are copyright of Bendet Photography. Visit his website to see some of our engagement pics and wedding pics. http://www.bendetphotography.com

Our pretty cake...

No comments: